Sara H. Bernstein
Sara H. Bernstein joined the Law Offices of Nancy E. Lucianna, P.C. in 2008. Sara is an experienced trial attorney with a primary focus on criminal and municipal defense. She has handled all types of criminal matters ranging from disorderly persons offences to first-degree felonies but zealously fights for each client’s rights with equal dedication. Sara also practices extensively in the areas of personal injury, employment law, worker’s compensation and immigration law.
Before joining the firm, Sara served as a judicial law clerk in the Bergen County Superior Court, Criminal Division, for the Honorable Patrick J. Roma, J.S.C. from 2006-2007 and then for the Honorable William C. Meehan, P.J.S.C. from 2007-2008, where she gained unique insight into the criminal justice system.
Sara is licensed to practice in New Jersey, New York and Massachusetts and is also a member of the Bergen County Bar Association and American Immigration Lawyer’s Association. Sara earned her J.D. in 2006 from the University of New Hampshire Franklin Pierce Law Center and her undergraduate degree from the University of Delaware.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal/Municipal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Worker’s Compensation
- Employment Law
- Massachusetts, 2007
- New York, 2013
- New Jersey, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, 2013
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey, 2008
- University of New Hampshire School of Law, Concord, New Hampshire
- J.D. cum laude – 2006
Past Employment Positions
- Bergen County Superior Court, Law Clerk, 2006 – 2008
- Child inc., Visitation Counselor, 2001 – 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association), Member, 2011 – Present
- Bergen County Bar Association, Member, 2008 – Present